I will be honest with you, I absolutely hate flying. Luckily, I was able to travel a lot and see a bunch of places while I was still a brave young girl. Now, I try to avoid flying. I know that cars are more dangerous… and yes, I also hate the highways and try to avoid them as much as possible! But having my family across the world means that every once in a while, I have to fly. During those days when I was brave, I used to travel in the cutest clothes and carry all kinds of random things… pillows, wedding gowns, etc. Now, I only take the essentials. I do not wear make up when flying nor try to look fancy. All I want is to be comfortable, clean and entertained (and relaxed!). So these are my carry-on must haves:
1) Snacks: The list is not in priority order… but it could totally be! Snacks are super important! One time, during a flight from Miami to Buenos Aires… the food elevator or whatever they used to put the food in the plane was broken… and there was no food during the whole flight! Since then, I always have some cereal bars with me.
2) Passport: Ok, this should be first if it would be organized by priority.
3) iPad: Without it I’m lost (and totally bored!). I always get a few movies and tv shows from iTunes to make the flight more fun. One time, during a flight from LA to Atlanta, the tv’s in the whole plane were broken!
4) Beats: It is always a must!
5) Backpack: During the fancy years I used to travel with cute little handbags… now I’m all about the comfy handbag that holds everything and doesn’t matter if it gets stained.
6) Toothbrush: I’m obsessed with these little toothbrushes! There is no need to rinse nor carry a toothpaste… so perfect for travelling!
7) Hoodie: I always have a hoodie with me, one can never know how the temperature will be!
8) Hand sanitizer: Definitely one of the most important things to carry! Airports can be so nasty!
9) Make up bag: I filled it up with tons of essentials, like hair bands, ibuprofen, band aids, tums, etc…
10) Healing balm: For some reason, my hands get super dry when travelling. I always have a healing balm or moisturizer to keep my skin from breaking.
11) Wipes: Pretty much as important as the hand sanitizer. I try to clean my hands as often as possible!
What are your travelling essentials?