A few days ago, I woke up wanting to have a Magdalena with Dulce de leche. I’m not the biggest Dulce de leche fan, but for some reason… I really wanted to have that for breakfast! Throughout the day, I just couldn’t stop thinking about this delicious muffins, so I decided to bake some. I checked some recipes, and found this video… but sadly realized that my small dulce de leche jar was not enough. Making it from scratch was definitely not an option! And I still wanted to have some, so I decided to make some without the Dulce de leche, and just add it later. While preparing them… I remembered that I had chocolate chips, and that is how these yummy little muffins were born! Because I added some Dulce de leche later, I decided not to put as many chips as one normally would. The recipe in the video is in spanish, but you can find it below in english.
– 60ml milk
– 200gr flour
– 1/4 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1tbsp vanilla essence
– 200gr sugar
– Leave the butter outside the fridge until it has room temperature. Mix it with the sugar. Add the eggs one by one and keep beating. Add the vanilla essence.
– In a separate bowl combine the flour with the baking soda and baking powder.
– Add the flour and the milk into the butter mix. Make sure to add them little by little, and mixing in between. It is important to start with flour and end with flour. Keep beating until the mix is very creamy.
– Add the chocolate chip muffins and separate into muffin cups.
– Bake at 355 f during 25 minutes or until golden. To make sure they are ready you can insert a toothpick, once it comes out clean it is done!
– Serve with a spoonful of dulce de leche!
Let me know if you make these delicious muffins…. and if you add some Dulce de Leche on them!