In Argentina we have some delicious dry cookies and petit fours that can be bought at any bakery. I always preferred the dry cookies, especially the shortbread-like cookies covered in chocolate… they are so yummy! And last week, I was craving them! I considered getting something similar at a store… but decided to give the homemade version a try. To my surprise they were super easy to make!
– Preheat oven to 315 F
– Mix the flour and baking powder
– Cream the butter and sugar together, and stir in the dry ingredients. Add the chocolate chips.
– Roll dough (1/2 inch, the higher you make them the harder they will be) and cut cookies using a simple shape cookie cutter (this is not the cookie mix to try your new hedgehog cookie cutter!). Place them on a cookie sheet and leave at least 1in in between the cookies.
– Bake for 15 minutes, until light golden brown.
– Once the cookies are cold, melt some chocolate chips. You can either do this in baine marie or with the microwave. If you pick the microwave, remember to remove it every 15 second to mix the chocolate chips.
– Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and let them dry at room temperature.