Disclaimer: I received Stitch Fix product in exchange for this post, but all opinions are my own. This post contains referral links for new sign-ups that give me a small credit towards the purchase of my next box.
Last week, my husband and I received our very first Stitch Fix boxes! In case you do not know, Stitch Fix is a personal stylist service tailored to fit your taste, budget, and lifestyle. When you sign up, you have to fill out a style profile with questions regarding your favorite colors, what parts of your body you like to flaunt, sizing information, favorite prints, and pretty much any other thing you could think of! And you also have the option of saying which kinds of things you would like to see in your box. For example, I knew I did not want any earrings nor rings, and my husband decided he had enough shoes and did not need any new ones.
Once you fill this questionnaire out, you have a section where you can add a special “wishlist” Pinterest board to share with your stylist or any other kind of information. For my box, I told my stylist that I love wearing dresses, that I do not like fitted styles and that I was in the search of the perfect bell sleeve top! Then, you get to pick a day for delivery. We decided to schedule them for the same day, so we could both open them at the same time. And last, you can decide how often you want to receive this box, and if you would like automatic or manual renewals. I really love this feature, as having it too often can get a little bit pricey, but every once in a while is a fun treat. Another thing I love is that there are no shipping costs. You only have to pay a $20 styling fee that is then discounted in your purchase!
STITCH FIX Review: His
My husband was super lucky with his box! He is very tall and has long arms, which can be a problem when buying shirts and tops. I’m even concerned when buying clothes for him… and always get them in places where I know I can easily return them. His stylist totally got his style and pick of prints and colors, and my husband loved pretty much everything! His box included:
– Hawker Rye Long Skeeve Shirt: He LOVED this shirt! The fit was a little bit looser than what he prefers, but the arm length was perfect. KEPT!
– Taylor Vintage Reversible Tee: When I saw that this t-shirt was reversible I got super excited and told him how awesome it was, and how perfect it would be for trips. He couldn’t care less. Boys! Glady, it looked great on him and it was… a keeper!
– Flag & Anthem Castelton Chino: These pants had the perfect length but were a size too big. Also, he has similar ones. Returned!
– Howe Plaid Shirt: He loved this shirt, but sadly the arm length was too short and it was not slim fit. Returned!
– Alternative Apparel Hoodie: We both loved this hoodie, it was super soft, perfect, and very pricey. Returned!
This is a great box to get to the guy in your life! For some strange reason, he was super excited about it, even more than when I go to the mall to buy him clothes. A little bit rude, I know! But if it makes him happy… then great! We scheduled to receive the box every three months.
STITCH FIX Review: Hers
I’m not an easy person to shop for. I know I have a very specific style. I do not like clothes that show too much, I do not like animal print, I like playful clothes, whimsical stuff, critter prints, bows, and tons of ruffles. I think my style is eclectic with a little bit of preppy. I own very few basic things, and one of the biggest problems in my closet is that everything has a print. So, even though I need basics…. I really do not like them! I was a little disappointed when I saw that none of the clothes in my box had a print or even matched my style. I wanted to take pictures wearing the items in the box, but everything was either too small or too big. So hopefully next time! I still think it is a fun idea to received a styled box, and will give it another chance. I will make sure to have more specific requests and make sure my style is reflected in my style profile questionnaire. My box included:
– Pixley Tie Neck Top: Of all the clothes, this top was definitely the prettiest one. I loved the lace details and the quality was really good. I asked for short bell sleeves, thinking of a fun top with ruffles and cute sleeves. I got this one which is a little bit too boho for me and had very long sleeves. Also, the top was a little bit too loose. I think a size smaller might have worked better, but I drive almost every day and I know that these sleeves would definitely get stuck somewhere and cause a crash. Returned!
– Market & Spruce Jayda Pullover Sweater: This sweater was ok. I really liked the color and style. It was a little boring, did not have fun details. Also, the size was too big… so I had to return it.
– Pixley Faux Suede Skirt: I would love this skirt in someone else. The fabric was super soft and it had a great quality. But it really is not my style. Also, I live close to THE windy city, this skirt would not work at all. And the size was too small. Returned!
– Gilli Kenza Dress: I was recently told that one should always tell things in a sandwich way. Something good, then the bad things and finish with something good. I’m really bad at doing that, and always forget to embellish things. I’m trying to find a way to make the description for this dress like that.
I know this dress will be perfect for many out there, but it is not my style at all. I feel like the one easy thing to pick for me is a dress. I like fun and girly dresses, that may have bows, ruffles, a preppy style, a floral print, or maybe a silly bunny print. When I saw this one in the box I was super shocked. I even checked my style profile to figure out how this dress ended up there. I do not like fitted things, and this was a curve-hugging style. Also, it was too small. Returned!!!
– Steven Vassie Ankle Strap Pump: I asked for a pair just like this one! So I was really excited when I saw them in the box! Kept!
After getting this box, I went through my Style Profile and made sure to be more specific about my style and sizing. I would really recommend being as detailed as possible regarding your style and sizing. Also, I did not create the Pinterest board, but it is a great idea for my next Stitch Fix. Hopefully, that way I will get a box with 5 amazing items! I scheduled my box manually for the next time I’m looking for some specific thing or need some new clothes.
Have you ever tried Stitch Fix? What did you think?