I finally made cupcakes from scratch, and as they turned out pretty good, I will share the recipe! They are a bomb… really sweet, mostly the frosting with dulce de leche, but the dough is just amazing! Love them!
-3/4 cup of butter
-1 cup of sugar
-1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
-1 cup flour
-1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
-1/2 teaspoon of salt
-3/4 cup of buttermilk
-1/2 cup of condensed milk
-1/2 cup of coconut milk
-1 cup of powdered sugar
-3/4 of butter
-1/2 cup of dulce de leche
1. Cream butter and sugar together. Add eggs and the vanilla extract, mixing until everything is combined.
2. In a different bowl, mix the flour, baking soda and salt together, and add it to the other mixture.
3. Add the buttermilk to the mix.
4. Fill the cupcakes cups and bake for 25 minutes. Let them cool outside the oven.
5. Stir together the condensed milk and the coconut milk.
6. Poke several holes in the top of the cupcakes (I used a McDonald’s straw) and pour the mixture from point 5, over each cupcake.
7. Refrigerate for two hours or overnight.
8.Mix the butter, sugar and dulce de leche to make the frosting.
Save the recipe!